Nursing Home Sepsis Sprint—On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!
Register for the Full Webinar Series
Tuesdays, 12 noon. Lunch-and-Learn format.
Seven 30-minute quickinars (micro-learning sessions)
Sepsis Sprint Kick-Off: On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!
Tuesday, September 26, 2023 | 12 noon PT
Join us for the HSAG Sepsis Sprint Kick-Off as we set the stage and prepare for this series focused on reducing sepsis in nursing homes.
- Review current data identifying the incidence of sepsis and sepsis related admissions, readmissions, and mortalities.
- Discuss why it is important for nursing homes to have a robust sepsis prevention program.
- Create an action plan that will guide your journey during this sepsis sprint and beyond.
Sepsis the Silent Killer: On Your Mark!
Tuesday, October 3, 2023 | 12 noon PT
Session two will provide you with the education and resources to coach your team on sepsis and how to identify the residents who are most at risk.
- Review the leading causes of sepsis in nursing homes.
- Discuss the pathophysiology of sepsis.
- Identify the risk factors associated with sepsis in nursing home residents.
Hand Hygiene—Spread the Word Not the Germs: Get Set!
Tuesday, October 10, 2023 | 12 noon PT
The cornerstone of infection prevention is hand hygiene. Although it seems like a simple concept, healthcare providers still struggle with compliance. Session three will provide you with the education, tools, and resources to build a robust hand hygiene program and perform accurate surveillance.
- Discuss the importance of hand hygiene in overall infection prevention in the nursing home.
- Identify key components of a hand hygiene program and robust surveillance.
- Review auditing tools and other resources to improve hand hygiene compliance.
Don’t Wait Until It Is Too Late to Vaccinate: Get Set!
Tuesday, October 17, 2023 | 12 noon PT
Preventing illness is a key strategy to reduce sepsis. Vaccines are a great tool to help nursing homes reduce the incidence and/or severity of infections that can lead to sepsis.
- Discuss the import role vaccines play in preventing infections in nursing home residents (i.e. COVID-19, PNU, Flu, and RSV).
- Identify the four vaccines that residents should consider to keep them safe.
- Review strategies, tools, and resources to help you meet your resident vaccination goals.
Sepsis Prevention and Screening in Nursing Homes: Get Set!
Tuesday, October 24, 2023 | 12 noon PT
Using an evidence-based bundle of preventative measures is an effective approach. This session will focus on the HSAG Sepsis Prevention Bundle with education on how a nursing home can implement these tools and resources.
- Identify the key components of a sepsis prevention program.
- Review the sepsis screening process.
- Review the HSAG sepsis prevention bundle and associated resources.
Post Sepsis Syndrome and Readmission: Get Set!
Tuesday, October 31, 2023 | 12 noon PT
After residents have survived sepsis, they may have ongoing or permanent conditions that impact their quality of life and care needs. This session will discuss post-sepsis syndrome, the care of the resident with post-sepsis syndrome, and preventing readmissions.
- Review the pathophysiology of post sepsis syndrome.
- Discuss how to care for residents post sepsis.
- Identify the interventions to reduce sepsis related readmissions.
Wrap Up: Go!
Tuesday, November 7, 2023 | 12 noon PT
You’ve made it to the finish line! This final session is focused on pulling all the pieces of the Sepsis Prevention Bundle together, as well as considerations for advancing your sepsis prevention program.
- Review the HSAG Sepsis Bundle tools and resources.
- Discuss key factors to consider when launching a sepsis program.
- Identify potential barriers and strategies to overcome them.