Thursday, May 19, 2016, 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PT.
Behavioral health issues account for a very high percentage of time, effort, and cost in primary care practices. Compounded with a worldwide shortage of mental health specialists, these issues can have a direct impact on provider burnout and patient satisfaction. Because of these factors, quality of care can’t help but suffer as costs rise.
Join HSAG and Dr. Michael Cofield, PhD, as we provide an overview of how behavioral health does not have to be a split decision—it can be integrated into your primary care practice with an emphasis placed on practical, cost-effective “stepped care” approaches that utilize low-to-moderate intensity interventions.
By the end of this webinar, each participant will be able to:
- Summarize the three components of the “Triple Aim” of integrated care.
- Recognize the significant contribution that behavioral health issues can make as a “driver” of healthcare costs.
- Understand the importance of using a “whole person” approach when creating positive patient outcomes.
- Identify three basic program elements helpful for any primary care practice beginning to use integrated care principles.
About the Speaker
Dr. Michael Cofield, PhD, is a Diplomate in Clinical Health Psychology with the American Board of Professional Psychology, and a Fellow with the American Academy of Clinical Health Psychology. He has been a leader in the fields of Behavioral Medicine and Employee Counseling, and served as the Director of Behavioral Medicine for two Phoenix-area medical centers for more than 25 years; was an adjunct research scientist in the area of Alzheimer’s disease and related neuropsychological disorders; and holds Associate Fellow status in Cognitive-Behavioral/Rational psychotherapy. He is also a member of the American Psychological Association, National Academy of Neuropsychology and Society for Behavioral Medicine.
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/AMP)