Thursday, June 2, 2016, 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. PT.
Join your peers and Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) for our third round of Nursing Home Quality Care Collaborative (NHQCC) learning sessions! During these interactive, hands-on educational events, you will learn actionable surveillance, infection control, and vaccination strategies for detecting and preventing infections. Plus, you’ll get insider tips on identifying "good" vs. "bad" bacteria, employing Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement (QAPI), and differentiating among common infections in the long-term care setting.
KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: Creating a Comprehensive Surveillance Program in the Long-Term Care Facility
Dolly Greene, RN, CIC, Director of Clinical Services, Diagnostic Laboratories and Radiology
Infection control expert Dolly Greene offers an in-depth look at how successful surveillance programs that employ infection-monitoring tools, teamwork, and strategic process improvements can change the way your facility evaluates, addresses, and reports on infections.
BEST PRACTICES DISCUSSION Facilitated by Michael Wasserman, MD, CMD, Director, Nursing Home, HSAG
Hear firsthand accounts of effective infection prevention activities as our group of panelists representing best-practice facilities in your area, the California Department of Public Health Healthcare-Associated Infections Program, and ombudsman groups share their personal experiences with implementation.
Other Sessions Include:
- It’s Not Always a UTI: Diagnosing Infections in the Nursing Home
- Addressing Infections in Nursing Homes Using QAPI
- How the Good Bugs Can Help Protect At-Risk Residents
- Protect Your Residents: The Vital Role Immunizations Play
- Action Planning and Next Steps
- Go for the Gold Recognition
Location: Courtyard Marriott, San Diego
- Contact Us
- Medicare Quality Improvement (QIO)
- HSAG HQIC Partnership
- ESRD Networks Home
- Healthcare Policy and Quality Measurement
- Medicaid External Quality Review
- QPP Service Center
- Audit and Validation Services (HEDIS®/AMP)